vanakam ^^
*rants
*femme
*speak
*links
Wednesday, July 07, 2004
Connie & Carla
This is gonna be a brief one.. 'cause I gotta revise for my test tomorrow..
Sunday: Went out to watch Euro Finals.. Portugal lost? Oh my~ Bumped into Jane and was surprised she knew my friends too..
Monday: Met up with Elynn to watch Connie & Carla.. It was free preview and we had an extra pair of tix so I called Alan and Ronnie along too.. I like this comedy.. About drag queens and it was really good.. After that we went to chill out at Mr Bean's Cafe with his friends..
Tuesday: Alan brought me to J8 in search of the big Chuppa Chups lollipop.. But it was out of stock already.. *sigh* So he bought the small ones for me.. To my surprise, he bought one of each flavour instead.. and it's a total of 18! Wah.. I'll eat till my teeth decay.. haha..
His friend treated a group of us to go to a ktv pub at Robertson Quay.. Coincidentally, I saw Grace who's working there.. Had a few games of pool and a song or two.. The place closes early during weekdays so we went to Marina South for billiard.. By the time I reached home, it was already 5 in the morning..
Today: I skipped school.. It's my 1st time in this semester.. Heheh.. Anyway I was about to do my design journal, when I saw that my grade was already out for that module.. I don't have to do already.. -___-"
Think I'm gonna revise a little for my programming test tomorrow.. I have been slacking nowadays and my grades are kinda dropping.. *sigh* I seem to have forgotten about Java which I've learnt for the past 2 months.. Oh no oh no.. It's time I buck up a little.. Get to work van! stop playing already! *poutz*
Movie: Connie & Carla
Description: Vardalos and Collette play Connie and Carla, two struggling Chicago dinner theater performers who accidentally witness a mafia hit...and who subsequently hit the road, running for their lives. Assuming the killers will never look for them in a place devoid of culture, the pair head to Los Angeles, where they assume new identities and find their middling talent at song and dance perfectly suited to new careers--as drag queens.
Much to their surprise, they inadvertently become the toast of the cabaret circuit. As their ruse becomes increasingly difficult to maintain, they discover that it is indeed lonely at the top, especially after Connie meets Jeff (Duchovny), a guy she'd really like to be a real girl with. With the mafia zeroing in and the line separating their onstage/offstage personas blurring beyond the point of recognition, Connie and Carla soon discover the power of not compromising to pursue your dreams, fighting the good fight, and never, never underestimating the transformative power of cosmetics.
vaN's Rating: ****
far-terd at 4:55 PM
profile
vanwie
twenty-two
undergrad/cabin crew
aims for
happiness
bike
2a licence
car licence
new job
diamond ring
complete degree
ralph lauren romance
bike servicing
new rims & tyres
mhr of505 helmet
new helmet
hp c5180
new watches
new wallet
new bags
more levis skinny
n95
sony psp
ds lite
pretty clothes
another overseas trip
maomao's list
grooming session
bigger house
new bowl
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.comGet awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.comGet awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com