vanakam ^^
*rants
*femme
*speak
*links
Sunday, October 15, 2006
SIA Interview
Went for an interview this morning with Meiyun at Sheraton Tower Hotel.. It was the SIA's recruitment for the Local Flight Stewardess. Interesting experience I must say..
We planned to reach at 8.45am, but was there later than planned (as usual).
Oh man, the ballroom were filled with so many pretty ladies.. Everyone was watching the video played while waiting for the interview.. I reached there at 9plus and had practically watched the video for 7 times. You can gauge how long we had to wait la.. Anyway, Meiyun was assigned to a different group so we didnt get to sit together. Sms-ing then..
The moment our group was called, we had to wait outside another ballroom for the 1st interview. While engaging a conversation with Meiyun.. I suddenly caught a glimpse of a freaking ghost walking past me.. I dont know why but I felt rather disgusted for that moment. Damn suay la! It's already way past 7th month and 'it' didnt go back home.
(Pardon me for my written language.. Im too tired to think of better words to phrase my sentences. ^^)
I was the 1st in the group for the group interview. Around 8 of us sat together in a room together with 2 interviewers. We had to do a self-introduction in kind of a freestyle manner. I spoke freely and then was posted a question by 1 of the interviewers.. He asked:"You mentioned that you wanted a change of job. So after 2 or 3 yrs of service in SIA, would you be leaving the company?" How would you answer then?
My reply was,"Given the attractive salary in SIA, I wouldnt even think of joining other companies after the contract."
He nodded.
The others went on with their self-intro.. Can see that they were pretty good in presenting themselves.. The interviewer pointed out 1 girl who was previously from SilkAir and JAL.. And now trying out SIA? All laughed.
We then had to wait outside the ballroom for the results. I spotted Meiyun and went over to ask her about the interview. Unfortunately, she didnt make it through. Probably because of her attire or the short intro she had. Anyway, she's determined to do better next time. =)
Those selected had to do a verification of their Certification and Identity before proceeding to the next stage: Tryout of the Uniforms.
We were guided to another ballroom to put on the uniforms.. My 1st time in Kebaya! (unsure of spelling) I couldnt remember when was the last time I had to strip and change with a group of girls. O.O Hurhur..
After changing, we had to do an informal catwalk in front of everyone and they were looking out for the way you walk and stuff. If you pass that, you stay. If not, you can change back and leave. I then proceeded to the next stage whereby they had to check for any scars/birthmarks on your face/neck/lower arms. The person actually looked at my left arm twice. I was like.. "OH SHIT! Did she spot the red patch thingy on my arm?" I didnt think much then.
Waited again for the results and was made known that only 2 girls made it through in our group. A nice girl named Glady and me! heheh.. We then proceeded to the 2nd interview: 1 to 1 Interview
The moment I walked into the ballroom, I was wondering.. "1 to 1 meh? What's the other uncle doing back there.. Sit in to see girls ah?" I didnt care much.. Just sat there and started doing another intro of myself. This time was more in-depth. But it was manageable. After that, he handed me a piece of paper and told me to stand beside my chair and read out the passage on it. I felt that I was repeating my orals after so many years.. Brisked through it and then sat down to see what he has to say.
"You know, being a SIA flight stewardess is not an easy job. There's lots of challenges you will face in the future. I will put you through this round. *smiles " Wah!!! I love him man.. Thanked him and my mouth widened from cheek to cheek. He congratulated me and gave me a warm handshake. "You should continue to keep that smile of yours", he smiled again. =D
I held on to the piece of paper he handed to me and happily went to the counter to get the docs for the next stage: Water-Confidence Test
It will be held at SIA Training Centre on 18 Oct. Time to get my swimming gears ready!
Reflections: I was really surprised that I breezed through the interviews comfortably. No form of nervousness I had. I was glad indeed. So girls, take note of that and you can make it too. Most importantly, you got to smile!
To be continued...
far-terd at 10:23 PM
profile
vanwie
twenty-two
undergrad/cabin crew
aims for
happiness
bike
2a licence
car licence
new job
diamond ring
complete degree
ralph lauren romance
bike servicing
new rims & tyres
mhr of505 helmet
new helmet
hp c5180
new watches
new wallet
new bags
more levis skinny
n95
sony psp
ds lite
pretty clothes
another overseas trip
maomao's list
grooming session
bigger house
new bowl
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.comGet awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.comGet awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com